Thursday, May 5, 2011

Performance Arts Video






For this assignment we were to create a performance art piece that incorporated technology. After putting a lot of thought into it and coming up with several ideas... it hit me one night while running on the track and seeing sprinklers watering the field.. that something as simple as a water sprinkler is technology. It didn't have to be using a computer, phone, iPod, camera, tv or something that most people would first think of. But rather, to be different and use something simple and actually very beautiful. I knew right at that moment that I wanted to do poses in the water and having it hit my body and drip off.

I was very pleased with this piece but after having my professor view it.. I think it would have been even better to be covered in mud and having the sprinklers cleaning it off. Just like the song - come clean. He also stated that it would have been neat to be holding a speaker in the water.. but I like the simplicity of what I did. However, I do understand him wanting to see more technology involved in this piece.

1 comment:

  1. I like the simplicity of the project. Very beautiful setting with the water at night and everything

    ReplyDelete